New Zealand's Calling all Plumbers!
Great Britain Construction Training are offering the New Zealand Plumbers Licensing Programme for qualified Plumbers. We will assist you in gaining the NZ Plumbing Registration and Licence, as well as preparing you for work in New Zealand before you leave the UK. We facilitate the required steps taking the stress and inconvenience out of this timely process, avoiding you weeks of potential complications.
New Zealand are looking for Plumbers who are New Zealand Registered and Licenced, which for many overseas candidates used to be difficult to obtain while living outside of New Zealand - but not any more! Here’s how you can take the fast track to work in New Zealand!
Qualified Plumbers are now able to study from home and attend the GBCT Three Day New Zealand Plumbers Licensing Programme to sit the PGDB (Plumbing, Gas and Drainlayers Board) exam, in line with NZ requirements prior to moving out there. Job offers are available in NZ if you are successful in passing the exam.
Martin Sawyers, Chief Executive, PGDB.
The PGDB (Plumbing, Gas and Drainlayers Board), established under the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Act 2006, is responsible for administrating the registration and licencing systems of plumbers, gasfitters and drainlayers.
In regulating the trade registering people, the board seeks to promote and safeguard the health and safety of people, their property and the environment.
The Board ensures that those persons carrying out regulated work are competent to do so.
- Recommended 100 Hours of Home Study (Online) with interactive software including animations, videos, quizzes and practice exams with tutor.
- Home study commences 6 weeks prior to examination.
- Two day Classroom Refresher.
- One day Plumbing, Gas and Drainlayers Board (PGDB) Examination.
Full price, all inclusive: £695.00 (New Year Special - Limited Spots Available)
Cost includes the following:
- Level 4 NZQA assistance and submission of documentation.
- PGDB ‘pre-registration application for an overseas qualified tradesperson’ assistance and submission.
- Home study online with interactive software including animations, videos, quizzes and practice exams with tutor.
- Two day Classroom Refresher.
- One day PGDB Examination (excludes cost of exam, to be paid to the PGDB directly by student).
- GBCT are able to offer you the security that your CV and qualifications will be seen by the right employers in New Zealand first!
Examination dates are held in line with the Plumbing, Gas and Drainlayers Board (PGDB) in New Zealand.
- 15th - 17th June 2017 Classroom refresher held on Thursday 15th and Friday 16th June. Exam held on Saturday, 17th June.
- 9th - 11th November 2017 Classroom refresher held on Thursday 9th and Friday 10th November. Exam held on Saturday, 11th November.
Minimum standards for registration:
- Level 4 NZQA International Qualification Assessment (Level 3 NVQ (UK) Equivalent); and
- Evidence that you have a minimum of four years working full time in the plumbing and/or gasfitting trade; and/or
- Evidence that you have a minimum of two years working full time in the drainlaying trade.
- Evidence that you have been granted New Zealand residence; or police certificates that are no older than 6 months from your country of citizenship (unless you can provide satisfactory evidence that you have never lived there), and from any country you have lived in for 12 months of more (whether in one visit or intermittently) in the last 10 years.
GBCT have developed the NZ Plumbers Licensing Programme so that you can study from anywhere with a computer and internet access. The NZ Plumbers Licensing 3 Day Programme, including the examination will be delivered at the Great Britain Construction Training purpose built facilities Unit 10 Isleworth Business Complex, St Johns Road Isleworth, London TW7 6NL.
If you have any learning difficulties, and require special assistance, please let us know prior to receiving any of the learning material. Please provide any medical documentation verifying this as we can accommodate to your requirements to make sure you get the most out of the programme.
By purchasing this product you agree to the following: All course dates are final (unless GB Construction Training specify an amendment with notice to student). Student can not change their course dates after initial purchase. Refunds are not available after 30 days of purchase. The applicant/student is responsible for all their examination costs, the costs of the venue, and the costs of returning the completed examinations papers to New Zealand.
If you are submitting documents to GB Construction Training, please make sure that they are in PDF or Word Document formats only.